Recipe (EDIT)

Ok so I am not exactly a health nut but I do love GREAT!!! tasting food and I am not much for actual hamburger So I came up with this variation, TURKEY BURGER! Granted I am one that has pinched my nose and gone running for the hills in the past in regards to ground turkey, LOL! Still when I was trying to lose weight, I decided to give it a try and this is what I came up with... Hope you all will enjoy!!! (Bacon not considered fat free) 80)

Turkey Burgers Serves 7

What's Needed.... (EVERYTHING IS TO TASTE, use your own variations)
Salt and Pepper to taste (I am a huge fan of Sea Salt)
1 bag of San Luis Sourdough (thats what I use)
Butter (Lightly Spread over Bread)
1 Medium Clove of Garlic (finely diced)
1 Red Onion (1/4 will be used) finely diced
2 Packages Ground Turkey (I use Jenny-O, at least I think thats the brand) 80)
1 Package Tillamook Sliced Swiss
1 Package Thick Cut 'Farmer John' Bacon
1-2 Tomatos
1 Head of Lettuce (your choice) I use Romaine
The usual condiments, (I use Raley's brand Spicy Brown Mustard with Horseradish)
1 Tablespoon Dill Weed
1 Teaspoon 'Salt Free' Lemon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt (I use McCormick) 80)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Cut 4 Pieces of Bacon in half and cook to your taste, (Always place in cold pan, it helps to keep it from curling)



Mix Turkey, Onion Garlic, Olive oil and spices in a bowl and make into patties.


Cut slices of bread in half and butter one side,


Cut Veggies 80)


When the bacon is done, Cook the Turkey Patties in the grease, (It's only partially fat free) lol!
Burgers are done when the juice runs clear,


Place 1 slice of cheese on top of each patty along with one piece of bacon and cover (turned off) pan until the cheese is melted.



Final prep

Broil (butter side up) Bread until golden brown, Unless you like your toast burnt 80) lol!

I always broil the other side as well, but thats me, cause I like crispy bread, LOL!


Now serve!!!



This is a really easy recipe and actually pretty quick too. Plus it is mostly fat free, Swiss is naturally fat free....




I really hope whomever makes this enjoys! Surely it isnt unique but hey I enjoy it. 80) and the hubby and bro too!!! (Their red meat fanatics)

S@n  – (2/21/2009 8:13 PM)  

Oh mY!!! that looks sooo good!! My mouth was watering!!! :D it looks great, I do love ground turkey, my honey does not eat red meat, so we only eat chicken, fish and turkey!! Thanks for the recipe, it looks so good I will give it a try tomorrow!!!
yummy!!!

cheripye  – (2/21/2009 9:02 PM)  

LOL!Thanks Sandy,
I hope when you make it you enjoy!!!

I myself am not a big red meat eater, I prefer fish and chicken, but I was on a diet and know that Ground Turkey/Poultry is really low in fat. MInus the Bacon, LOL!. Plus I love to cook!!!

Phoenix  – (2/22/2009 4:41 AM)  

Ground turkey is delicious! My uncle is muslim and since they don't eat pork when we all lived together all of us ended up eating Turkey bacon, turkey ground meat...just turkey! I'm a red meat girl myself(What?!! Where's the MEAT? is always my first question!:P) but those burgers are delicious! You make me want to cook...and I HATE to cook! :)~

cheripye  – (2/22/2009 2:45 PM)  

LOL! Thanks Cheryl

That is so cool, I am pretty much chicken and fish. Although I am not going to turn my back on a nice Juicy Steak. 80)

I love to cook (sometimes) and it really is so easy.

Post a Comment

All works Copyrighted by Cherie Pyle. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP