Butterfly Update Coming Soon

I think I actually have a thread and an Idea so I wanted to say there should be a Butterfly update within the next 1-2 weeks. Hopefully by this weekend, no promises though. 80)

Picture has nothing to do with the chapter I am just playing around with my newest toy, LOL! Finally broke down and got myself Photoshop... An early Birthday present if I will, LOL!

We'll see if it works, I had to buy Cs3 from Amazon, apparently it is a full 'Unused' 'NEW' version but I have purchased stuff online before and didnt get what I wanted. This is my trial version. Geez it's different from Paintshop.

Although when I emailed Amazon they assured me that whatever I purchase should be exactly what it states.... 80)

I am doing a bit better, not much but still every little bit counts. 80)

Phoenix  – (2/23/2009 11:36 PM)  

I LOVE amazon!! Like seriously that's where I get all of my stuff! And even if you get something third party it's guaranteed by them! Okay, done being a spokesperson for amazon.com!:P

YAY!! Butterfly update! I can't wait! :)

Sooo...how is photoshop different from paintshop? I was thinking about getting it awhile back but I never really use everything in paintshop so I decided against it! *sigh*

The pic looks great!

S@n  – (2/24/2009 6:15 AM)  

Congrats Cherie!
I do love Amazon too!! :D I get all my stuff from there :D lol
My honey prefers ebay, but I go with Amazon instead! :D

cheripye  – (2/24/2009 8:19 AM)  

Thank you Sandy,
I have always purchased books from Amazon but never something like this. LOL! So I will have to trust yours and Cheryls experiences. 80)

Ebay was one I had an issue with, 80) I wont go through them again... Because of it, it scared me. 80) Although I do have to say they did help me get my money back.

cheripye  – (2/24/2009 8:22 AM)  

LOL! Thank you Cheryl,

Other than costing about 40 times more, LOL! It has stronger tools, the over lays are easier, the cut outs are easier to. Plus the Layering and photo editing tools are in my opinion supreme. You have so many more options. More advanced, although I am certainly still learning how to use it. 80)

Try the CS4 Free trial, you get it for 30 days, at which point if you like it you know it would be worth the cost to you. 80)

Astral Faery  – (2/24/2009 10:13 AM)  

Very cool! Looking forward to your update. Have fun exploring your new tool - your picture looks awesome - you're a natural!

cheripye  – (2/24/2009 11:48 AM)  

Thank you so much Astral!
I am certainly learning the program, LOL! and I am a bit excited about the update!!! 80)

Mao  – (2/24/2009 9:17 PM)  

Y'aaar, that's all I'm sayin'. No way in hell I'd pay that much for a program, LOL! On the flip side, I will say that AMAZON = <3. Hell, I have an Amazon credit card. I seriously love me some Amazon.

Photoshop is considerably more complex than Paintshop, but each have their own benefits. I still use both. Learning to use Photoshop and not abuse it, however, can be a tricky thing... too often sims people get photoshop and then there's like, a billion lens flares and it's just crazy. Crazy. LOL

Hope you have fun with it! The Save For Web feature on it is very sweet, too. It's what I use so my pictures aren't ridiculously huge. :D

Definitely looking forward to the update!

cheripye  – (2/25/2009 11:16 AM)  

I certainly didnt pay the price for it, I got CS3 and only paid 187.00 Which is great!!! deal!!!

Thank you for the tip, I am still learning how to use it, and havent figured out how to do flares or any of that, LOL! and I am finding that a few things have to be done in Paint shop. I am keeping it, I like that program too.

Mao  – (2/26/2009 7:10 AM)  

Are you serious? WOW! That is a deal. :D

If you have any specific questions, you can always email me. I am not exactly a Photoshop master, but I've been messing with it for years and also had a manual/tutorial/etc writing class as an obligation in college, LOL. Hooray, computer science!

cheripye  – (2/26/2009 8:13 AM)  

Thank you,
I most definately will be, right now I am just playing around in it, have done some serious work on a few of my pictures that were too dark, and the difference is completely WOW! lol!

And yeah I am always looking for a deal. I almost bought it last year at full price, but when I thought about it decided I didnt want to part with that much hard earned cash, LOL! So I opted for PSP.

It is cool, I got it 2 days ago, brand new never opened... Which is what Amazon stated. I dont the difference between the extended full version and the full version though. (I got the extended)

I was actually thinking about taking some photography classes at the local JC. I believe they offer CS with those classes as well. Still I learn best by trial and error, LOL! Thank you for the help in advance, LOL! 80)

S.B.  – (2/26/2009 10:11 AM)  

Enjoy your new toy! I can't do a thing with CS3 except stare at it and slink away before it notices me. But as a photographer, you should be able to make than thing purr!

cheripye  – (2/26/2009 11:45 AM)  

Beth,

I couldnt help but laugh at your description. 80) It is pretty daunting until you get it down. I have been pretty much playing with it all week, and think I am learning how to use it. Plus I bought a book... Although I learn by trial and error best.

When I figure it out I'll put something together for you... Sandy's tutorials are nice too!!!

Post a Comment

All works Copyrighted by Cherie Pyle. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP