Re-installing

What A pain in the ass! I have some corrupt file somewhere within my game that wont allow me to even access the game. It gets all the way to the neighborhood screen and crashes and it's taking 45 minutes to load and I dont have nearly as much CC as I did with my other computer. Plus the townies all show up with white hair with numbers in it and black blue and purple skin. I have removed everything and it still happens. So final result re-install...

Thank goodness I have saved everything I've downloaded as a winrar pack so I dont have to hunt all over the place for everything again. But still the fact of the matter remains, I have to re-install! WAAAHHH!!!

Oh well off to get this shit over with.

Sorry for the random gripe but still... BLEH!

Suzanna  – (5/27/2010 12:44 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanna  – (5/27/2010 12:51 PM)  

Sorry, I read quickly and just now saw that you'd posted it also happens with your cc out. I posted my reply above (which doesn't apply) too quickly.

Hopefully you'll be able to save your game files and still use those after you reinstall.

(I received sad news this morning so am a little out of it right now.)

Saoz

S.B.  – (5/28/2010 7:23 AM)  

before you reinstall, check one more thing. Go through your other subfolders, and make sure you don't have something strange in there. SavedSims. Terrain. Packed lots. Collections. The NB files. Once I accidentally moved a problem file into one of those and spent days and days trying to figure out what was wrong before I hit on it just as I was preparing to reinstall.

Good luck. It's very discouraging, I know.

cheripye  – (5/28/2010 7:25 PM)  

Thank you so much Suzanna that was really good info for the future and yeah something happened in the game somewhere. Bleh... I hope everything is alright I am sorry to hear that you got bad news. 80(

I have packaged all my sims and all my lots, since I had to do this because my Desk top crashed on me I learned my lesson so I have backups which I wont use, but individual files 80) THank you so much for the assistance! 80)

cheripye  – (5/28/2010 7:27 PM)  

Thanks SB I am not planning on using any of the Back ups in this case, because I have no clue where the error is and am going to add things very slowly into the game to see if I cant track down the pain in the rear file and avoid this happening again. Thanks for the headsup on it especially, I will take my time and do things one at a time 80)

Hope all is well 80)

Post a Comment

All works Copyrighted by Cherie Pyle. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP