A woman's Purse (Question/Funny)

This is just a funny discussion, one I laughed about quite a bit and got me thinking… LOL! Hubby and I had a really good conversation on this particular subject and I thought why not? What are other’s purse thoughts, feelings/habits? (My sense of humor is seriously dry and I swear I am not losing it) LOL!

As a woman who has carried a dainty, adorable or just generally cute purse since I was but a girl, because my gram and my mom did I have learned how to efficiently become a purse pack-rat fought through the years to avoid the half your body size bags that said individuals carried....

The point to this whole post is well… My husband and I were having a discussion regarding my ‘Wallet’ aka portfolio.

“The chaotic, only you know where anything is?” item… (husbands actual quote)

There is a place for credit cards, a place for a note book and of course hidden spots everywhere meant to transport files, documents etc. But the best part it has a zipper so I carried everything I needed in there, many times to the point the sides were bulging. Now because this item was far too large for one of my purses and had all the functionality of one I quit going between my four or five color coordinated bags. The first sign of purse ratting…

Still I disillusioned myself into believing that because it did not have handles it was merely a wallet…

After uhm… I would have to say a year of not being able to carry a purse let alone wanting to after my surgery, I began to feel that all too feminine, familiar feeling of having a heavy bag pulling on my good shoulder and low and behold my anniversary gift at work was.

Dun…Dun…Dun…

A TOTE!

Spacious, room for everything... (Oh God! I am officially my mother and every female preceding me in my family of Purse-Ratters…) now did I think of this uh when I got the bag?

Honestly no…

I had my pretty, shiny, alluring new black bag…

My inner female urges to carry around a bulging bag have finally been quenched, this thing is so large I needn’t worry about not being able to carry my writing pads, my unmentionables, gum, smokes (Yes I picked back up smoking after a year) current book I am reading, lunch and a binder for other writing. I actually still have plenty of non bulged room to add in extra’s like the front pocket where I store all my necessary items that I need easy access too, reach in pull it out and viola I have the item in question. A pen/pencil pocket plus two side pockets, one mesh that stretches to accommodate the always necessary bottle of water or much to my own surprise lately root beer. The other is stiff but holds the face plate to the truck stereo and my special glass cleaner for my anti glare (currently broken) glasses. 80) Plus it has a nifty little elastic zipper pull in which I have found a perfect use for! I have now instituted my rituals, every time I get in and out of my vehicle after only two months of owning said item.

It used to be my keys got dropped into it, or the supposed wallet but most recently since I actually locked my keys in the truck for the first time ever! They are clipped to my bag, then the faceplate gets put away.

Now here is the question, I have become so accustomed to having this huge diaper-esq. bag with me what would happen if I tried to carry one of my dainty can’t fit anything more than perhaps a pack of gum and a credit card purse???

Husband seems to think that it would blow up miserably… LOL!

Personally I think it wouldn’t be that bad, I would just be missing all the extra space and would be once again carrying around armloads of extra items… LOL!

What are your purse habits?

Does everything you own, find, kids etc give to you get lost in a bottomless pit AKA purse? Or have you managed to cut out the purse ratting?

Do you Carry a bag, a purse? Is it small, medium or large? Or do you prefer to keep everything in a portfolio (Wallet)

Just a random post to say I am still here and would like to know what fellow past/present SWA members or others that make their way across my blog think. A Get to Know You so to speak, LOL! and a nice diversion from other pressing matters from all around 80)

Phoenix  – (12/04/2009 1:06 AM)  

I JUST started carrying a purse so it's pretty much me throwing everything in there and digging around for it. I hate it actually! I'd much rather just throw my keys into my pocket and stuff my debit card into my back pocket with some lip gloss and be done with it! But since I have to play dress up for work...

Glad to see you're in a good mood Cherie!:D

cheripye  – (12/04/2009 8:09 AM)  

LOL! Thanks Phoenix!

I have been carrying a purse since I was a kid, went as far as to forego the backpack even until I reached High School, LOL! and ooh that reminds, make up goes in their too. 80D

Always in a good mood, well ok not always but I am having trying.80)

Mao  – (12/04/2009 8:24 AM)  

My purse is referred to as "hammer space" or a "black hole" simply because it's small, but no one would be surprised if I managed to yank a sword out of the damn thing. It's bigger than a clutch, but it's not a full-sized purse. It's leather and it's a brilliant blue. It was around 200 bucks and I got it on sale for like 30. I love it.

I carry anything in it, including my husband's things. At any given time, it's been known to have at least 10 things of lip gloss (why??), dozens of coupons, my overstuffed wallet, cell phone, hair brush, huge seasonique pack (those things are BIGGER than my wallet!!), and whatever else--camera, full-sized papers, nail polish, assorted jewelry, a little thing of lotion, which got used when my MIL got a ring stuck on her finger in Macy's.

I've only been carrying a purse for a couple of years, but it suits my needs. Huge purses drive me nuts and if I ever have to carry a diaper bag? I'll probably lose my soul. I make my little purses work, they fit things they shouldn't normally fit and work just fine, LOL!

cheripye  – (12/04/2009 9:10 AM)  

LOL! Mao

I fought the Diaper-esq. Bag for years and nearly won out, used to amaze with my cutesy tiny purses at how much I could hold. And yes just what is up with having to carry so many glosses, LOL! I have about 6 all in different colors. 80)

GREAT Deal there!!

LOL! yes I am an original purse ratter, but still not quite as bad as my mother... Hers is HUGE! and I thought I had issues 80)

S.B.  – (12/05/2009 10:44 AM)  

What purse? I'm already carrying around enough to break a camel's back. debit card and driver's license stuffed in my jeans. cell phone usually left at home because I forget about it. The makeup and brush etc better get used before I go out of the house because they sure don't get used after that.

now...that's normal stuff. If I'm going out for real, lipstick comes along with me.

thewynd  – (12/05/2009 3:05 PM)  

I tried to downsize after my surgery but...I will say I don't carry it on my shoulder but it is stuffed with everything imaginable. And no matter what size I can never find anything in it.

I actually did a meme from goodbye_sun ages ago regarding my purse. You'll laugh. And it isn't much different except I shoved a lot of bills in it lately.

I would post a link to it but LJ is being a bitch.

cheripye  – (12/06/2009 9:44 AM)  

LOL! SB

It is why I carry a Tote, LOL! I am not kidding around when I said I have all that crap with me, but I can always find what I am looking for unless it's been tossed into the bottom of the bag. 80)

cheripye  – (12/06/2009 9:46 AM)  

LOL Gayl!

uhm... I will never forget the day I had to empty everything out of my purse at the grocery store, because I had just tossed the debit card the last time i used it. 80) LOL!this little old man behind me at the store groaned aloud and griped about women and their purses hmm.. I will try and find that posting I would like to read it. 80) If I can get LJ to work it seems to hate me LOL!

thewynd  – (12/06/2009 11:55 AM)  

It took some doing but I found it. Now bear in mind I don't carry this purse right now, had just cleaned it out, and have replaced the blackberry with the iPhone. You can view it here -> Handbag from Hell

S.B.  – (12/06/2009 4:29 PM)  

OMG Gayl I never saw that meme! The contents of your purse do not surprise me. Tech stuff, money, and music. With cat butt and guitar for background decor....absolutely love it!!!

thewynd  – (12/06/2009 5:10 PM)  

Oh man that had to be like two years ago almost...since I have to be careful about the weight I carry on my shoulders most of that stuff is gone...

Post a Comment

All works Copyrighted by Cherie Pyle. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP